‘Have you been mis-sold a SIPP?’
‘Don’t give up… CLAIMING 4U are experts in claiming mis-sold SIPP compensation’
A Self-Invested Personal Pension (SIPP) is a personal pension scheme, which was approved by the British Government in 1989. More than one million UK citizens proceeded to take advantage of it as a tax privileged savings plan, due to the feature of off-shore investment and the opportunity to create a varied portfolio.
While they offer more flexibility, SIPPS are considered riskier to Savers than other types of British pensions as they rely upon the success of where the money is invested. Employers do not make contributions towards SIPPS.
SIPPS normally attract higher fees due to the flexibility and superior earning potential for investors. As a result of the high fees earned from SIPPS, many Advisors convinced Savers to switch to it, purely to generate additional income through commission. They saw the potential to encourage savers away from the standard low risk style of British pension.
Unfortunately, high risk investment schemes are frequently marketed as unique opportunities to achieve a considerable profit, very quickly. Sadly, this is not what they really are. Far too often people were being pushed to gamble their futures by unethical financial advisors.
If you can answer yes to any of the following you may have been mis-sold sipps:
- You were advised to switch or transfer your pension to a company fund, even though your existing scheme was more suitable.
- You pension was placed into unregulated and non-mainstream investment.
- The risks about property and the potential negative implications, weren’t fully explained.
- Cold calling sales teams portrayed higher returns than realistically possible.
- SIPPS funded unusual schemes such as biofuels, rainforests, & car parks.
- Most people investing in SIPPs use shares, investment trusts, unit trusts etc.
- Where SIPPS have crashed in value, you have lost some, or all your hard-earned pension.
- You now face working & saving for longer, with less money at the end of it
We have a specialist team who can help and support you in making SIPPs claims, and always fight to ensure that our clients get the best representation and receive the justice that they deserve.
‘Is yours now a mis-sold Pension?’
‘At any time you can speak to your personal claim manager’
- Recover pension funds which you previously thought lost.
- Obtain compensation for losses suffered due to receiving lower returns due to switching schemes.
- Get pension compensation for past losses and a better paying annuity going forward
- You may be able to claim fees paid to the stockbroker or pension advisor who arranged the transfer
- You can claim money you would have made, if your pension had remained where it was. This is call loss of pension growth.
Which organisations have been involved with SIPP investment losses?
The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) has reported ‘serious and ongoing failings’ by a number of financial advisers with regards to SIPP investments. The main failings generally revolve around advisers not ensuring SIPP investments are safe and suitable for investors’ needs.
We would particularly urge you to get in touch if your SIPP investments covered products such as:
- Off plan properties
- Store Pods
- Global Forestry Investments
- Australian farmland
Our experienced team may be able to help you to recover your losses even if your financial adviser or the firms you invested in are no longer trading.