This Policy applies between you, the user of this website and Claiming 4U, the owner and provider of this website. This Policy applies to our use of your data collected by us.
This Policy applies only to the actions of Claiming 4U and Users with respect to this Website. It does not extend to any websites that can be accessed from this Website including, but not limited to, any links we may provide to social media websites.
Without limitation, any of the following Data may be collected by this Website from time to time:
- Name and address
- Phone number and e-mail address
- Date of birth
- Details about the services that you specifically requested
- Specific claim details that you enter, submit or provide to us.
- IP address (automatically collected)
- Web browser type and version (automatically collected)
- Operating system (automatically collected)
Any personal Data you submit will be retained by Claiming 4U for 6 years, or until your contract with us has ended, unless we are obliged or permitted by law to do so.
All personal Data is stored securely in accordance with the principles of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2018. For more details on security see the security section.
Information that Claiming 4U collects may be used in the following ways but in accordance to applicable laws:
- We may use your personal information to provide you with services offered by Claiming 4U. Specifically, for the purposes of pursuing claims for Mis-sold Shares, Pensions and PPI.
- We may use your personal information for auditing and quality control purposes; allowing us to improve Claiming 4U’s future products and services.
- When you communicate with Claiming 4U, we may keep this communication to improve our services alongside allowing us to respond to your enquiries and requests.
- We may share aggregated information that contains no personal information to third parties.
- In addition to the above, in carrying out our contractual duties with you, we may share your information with third parties such as the Financial Ombudsman, The Financial Services Compensation Scheme, as well as the lenders or finance companies who are party to yout claim.
We will not share or disclose your information to any third parties, apart from as specified above.
We only collect data from under 18-year-old persons when necessary, and in 100% of cases will always deal with a responsible, directly related, litigation friend that must be an adult.
Data security is of great importance to Claiming 4U and to protect your Data we have put in place suitable, realistic, physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure Data collected via this Website. Therefore, we do our utmost to ensure that all reasonable steps are taken to make sure that your data is stored securely.
Unfortunately, the sending of information via the internet is not totally secure and on occasion such information can be intercepted. We cannot guarantee the security of the data that you choose to send us electronically and sending such information is entirely at your own risk.
Data retention policy
We understand that your data is important. We only retain your data for as long as necessary, which is a maximum of 6 years, except where we are obligated by law to retain them for longer.
The GDPR provides the following rights for individuals:
You have the right to access all personal data that we hold about you. To access such information, we request that you provide us with a Subject Access Request.
You are entitled to have personal data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete. We will respond to requests within one month.
You have the right to erasure in certain circumstances:
- Where the personal data is no longer necessary in relation to the purpose for which it was originally collected/processed
- When you withdraw consent
- When you object to the processing and there is no overriding legitimate interest for continuing the processing
- Your personal data must be erased in order to comply with a legal obligation
We may refuse to comply with a request for erasure in rare circumstances such as in the event of exercise or defence of legal claims.
You have the right to block or suppress processing of your personal data. When processing is restricted we are permitted to store your personal data but not further process it. We will retain just enough information about you to enable that the restriction, as directed by you, is respected in the future.
You have the right to request the movement, copy or transfer of your personal data easily from us to you or your requested destination, in a safe and secure manner.
Processing based on legitimate interests or direct marketing.
You have the right to complain to us if you feel your data has been processed incorrectly, been misused or we have not met your data processing expectations. How to complain? Please see our complaints policy on this website.
Third Party Websites & Services
Claiming 4U may, from time to time, employ the services of other parties for dealing with matters that may include, but are not limited to, payment processing, delivery of purchased items, search engine facilities, advertising and marketing. The providers of such services have access to certain personal data provided by users of this website.
Any Data used by such parties is used only to the extent required by them to perform the services that Claiming 4U requests. Any use for other purposes is strictly prohibited. Furthermore, any data that is processed by third parties shall be processed within the terms of this Policy and in accordance with (new GDPR regulations)
Definitions & Interpretations
In this Policy the following terms shall have the following meanings:
Means collectively all information that you submit to Claiming 4U via the Website. This definition shall, where applicable, incorporate the definitions provided in the Data Protection Act 1998;
Means a small text file placed on your computer by this Website when you visit certain parts of the Website and/or when you use certain features of the Website. Details of the cookies used by this Website are set out in Clause 12;
Means the company Claiming 4U authorised and regulated by The Claims Management Regulator to carry out claims management activities, Company number: 08513857, CMR Reg: CMR33452;
“UK and EU Cookie Law”
Means the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 as amended by the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2011.
Means any third party that accesses the Website and is not employed by Claiming 4U and acting during their employment;
Means the website that you are currently using (www.claiming4u.uk) and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.
Changes to this policy
Claiming 4U reserves the right to change this Policy as we may deem necessary from time to time or as may be required by law. Any changes will be immediately posted on the Website and you are deemed to have accepted the terms of the Policy on your first use of the Website following the alterations.
You can contact us via our web site contact us page, or via telephone or via post at our address.
Phone: 0161 798 8586
Post: Claiming 4U, 40a Bury New Road, Manchester, M25 0LD